SIGRID THERAPEUTICS IS RECRUITING!! We are now looking for our next team member, a Preclinical Project Manager, to join us on our fun fuelled, fast paced and exciting journey to prevent disease and improve people’s health. You will be responsible to advance and expand our pipeline of products within metabolic health. The position is a full time position with flexible start date. Please apply or share!
Preclinical Project Manager – Sigrid Therapeutics
Sigrid Therapeutics AB (Sigrid) is an innovative, award winning research and development company with a vision to prevent disease and improve people’s health globally. We are a small team (7 people) with big ambitions looking for our next team member to help us make people healthier through the use of precisely engineered porous silica materials. Our first product, called SiPore15, is a medical device lowering blood sugar levels in people at risk of developing type 2 diabetes. The product has been tested in two clinical trials and is planned for market in the near future. In addition to SiPore15, we have a pipeline of products targeting a range of metabolic diseases and disorders which we are looking to advance into the clinic.
The Company is headquartered in Stockholm, with lab activity at an academic lab at Stockholm University. The company is supported by a group of renowned clinical and scientific advisors within the pharmaceutical industry. For more information, visit www.sigridthx.com
Your new role
The position entails 80% lab activity, hands on in-vitro and in-vivo work. The rest 20% is divided between networking, cross functional meetings with biomaterials division, business, regulatory and clinical operations. The position is based in Stockholm at the Department of Molecular Biosciences The Wenner-Gren Institute (MBW), Stockholm University. You will report to the Company’s Operations Manager.
The below experiences and knowledge are desirable:
- Plan, execute and report pre-clinical in vitro and in vivo studies, in-house and in collaboration with external partners (CROs, Universities, etc.)
- Have extensive knowledge of establishing and conducting laboratory work, including validating assays and write standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Extensive small animal handling experience, including formal FELESA training.
- Knowledge in the field of Gastrointestinal physiology is a merit.
- Experience with electronic lab-book systems (ELN) is valuable.
- Experience from a small start-up company within pharma or medical technology is a merit.
- The work is independent and requires the ability to prioritize and shift the focus of the company’s projects.
We are seeking individuals who share our vision for health and well-being, who are passionate, take initiative and ownership of their task and have a flexible mindset.
What you’ll need to succeed
You have a PhD degree in some branch of biosciences or equivalent scientific education. Preferably you have worked in the industry (Big Pharma or a small biotech) and are looking for a position where you can make a significant contribution. Previous experience of working with pre-clinical development is required, ideally from pharmaceutical-industry.
Good knowledge in areas such as physiology, molecular biology, biomedicine and pharmacology is desirable. Experience of working with the development of patents is another plus. As the work consists of parallel tasks, good cooperation and organizational skills are essential.
You should be able to express yourself fluently in English, written and spoken.
You should also be accustomed to use MS Office and similar applications in Windows environment.
What you’ll get in return
You get a lot of room to act and lead development with large areas of responsibility. You will be exposed to various areas of building and growing a startup. It is a fast paced, energetic environment with highly passionate individuals who have fun together whilst working hard to change the way we prevent and treat our modern day chronic lifestyle diseases. Our first product, SiPore15, is a couple of years from market launch and your contribution will be significant in advancing the product all the way to the market.
As a Preclinical Project Manager you will initially be the only person responsible for preclinical activities at the lab, but will be supported by our material chemists and the company’s Chief Scientific Officer. There will be growth opportunities to advance to Head of Preclinical and recruit and build your own team of 2 additional researchers within the next 2 years.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role please email your cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. For any questions, please call Sana Alajmovic, Co-founder & CEO, at +46723893396 or Dr. Eric Johnston, Chief of Technology & Operations, at +4672 146 47 46.
We welcome your application and are excited to have our next team member join us on our exciting journey!